Saturday, March 7, 2015

Weight Watchers Weigh In...The Relapse

I have good news and bad news.  We closed on our house and moved.  I am a stress eater.  It's been a stressful week.  So there I was...amongst a mountain of boxes and wrapping paper, panicked and indecisive over every single thing I unpacked...where do I put it all?  I'm hungry...there's nothing to cook on...no groceries....no fridge even! (Except the one in the garage that came with the house - empty.) We order Dominoes. And that's when it happened.  I don't remember how the first Parmesan Cheese Bread Bite got into my mouth, but I came back to my senses around #14.  It was so good and carbohydratey.  The grease covered my lips...the little flecks of Parmesan cheese laid gently on my chin.  I wiped them off with my finger so as not to spill any on the new carpet and then sucked my finger dry.  I had an out of body experience.  
(I shared them with no one.)

"Oh no.  What have I done??" Immediately I cut a zero point cantaloupe and devour it in its entirety.
"Maybe, it will soak up the cheese and starch and cancel out the bread bites," I reason.
Then the next day, we were so exhausted we went to Whattaburger.  I vow to eat only a little.  But their onion rings...they call to me....and I answer.
I ask my honest, young son if I'm getting skinnier.  "Well, your butt is getting smaller," he says and my heart leaps with joy. "But it's still not small," he adds quickly as I go in for a hug.
So, today at our meeting I stepped on the scale and did the head hanging walk of shame back to my seat.  Two ounces.  I lost 2 ounces this week.  I wondered if they wanted their WW charms back that I got two weeks ago.  They didn't.  Two lousy ounces. That's the bad news.
Here's the good news.  A few months ago I went shopping for some blue jeans.  I found a pair and went to try them on.  I couldn't get them over my calves...without great effort.  And once they cleared my calves, I couldn't get them passed my thighs.  I sat in the dressing room and beat myself up.  I peeled off the jeans and looked at them with their cute little white stitches.  "I'm going to buy you anyway," I said to them - vowing that I would fit in them eventually.  
No piece of denim is going to tell me what to do or how to feel...
Today I wore those jeans to my meeting.  Like a boss.

No comments:

Post a Comment